If you love the outdoors, art, and food then the Midlands Meander in KZN is for you.
I have always wanted to go and I finally got the chance this past December.
Heres some ideas for accommodation, places to see and eat at.
1. Stop at the Hydrangea Tea Garden in Hilton – Organic homemade food with cascading valleys as your backdrop. The best pecanut pie can also be found here.
2. If you love chocolate then Chocolate heaven in Nottingham Road is a must. Choose your chocolate, pick what you want to dip in the chocolate all which equals yummmm. My favourites were cheese, gerkins and biltong. Sounds strange but honestly was the best.
3. Visit Swissland cheese in Lidgetton for scrumptious goats cheese.
4. For a place to stay visit Pleasant places for R550 pp including breakfast. It is based in the hills of Lidgetton with beautiful gardens growing into lush forests. If you enjoy hiking there is a trail which leads to a nearby stream.
5. For some site seeing go to the Nelson Mandela capture site
6. Howick Falls